The Benefits of Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Strength: Since the laser is actually melting the powder together, the part is very strong.
- Detailed Features: Very detailed features can be created because the laser point is very small.
- Powder Bed Provides Support Structure: Unlike non-powder-based processes, SLS uses the powder that surrounds the part to support over-hanging features instead of having to build and later remove support structure.
- Simple Post-Processing: When the part is made, the user merely retrieves it from the powder bed and brushes off any remaining powder.
- Recyclability: All leftover powder in the build chamber can be reused in the next build.
DTM Sinterstation 2000
The DTM Sinterstation 2000 system is an embodiment of the Laser Sintering technology. This system creates artifacts by selectively sintering portions of a powder bed using a CO2 laser.
The Sinterstation works primarily with nylon polymer powder. It is also capable of working with polymer-coated metal powder and a proprietary elastomer.
In addition to the system itself, the DREAMS Lab contains the necessary accessories including a powder shaker.
Features of the DTM Sinterstation 2000
- Resolution: 0.75 mm (0.030 in) in the X/Y plane, 0.05 mm (0.002 in) minimum layer thickness (Z height)
- Supported standing feature dimensions: 1 mm (0.04 in) minimum thickness
- Unsupported standing feature dimensions: 2 mm (0.08 in) minimum thickness
- Horizontal feature dimensions: 1 mm (0.04 in) minimum thickness
- Max Build Size: 8” x 10” x 6”
DTM Sinterstation 2500plus
More info to come...
Want to Learn More?
Visit the 3D Systems SLS website to find out more!