The Benefits of Direct 3D PolyJet Printing
Unique Material Properties: Point by point controlled printing of multiple materials, allowing for unique material properties. Multi-material printing allows for an object with properties close to that of the desired final product.
- Post-Processing: Easy to remove support material using either a water jet or Sodium Hydroxide solution. In addition, no post-curing is necessary.
- Cleanliness: Clean, compact process, ideal for use in an office-like setting.
- Ease of Use: Reliably autonomous process with minimal user interaction needed during printing.
- Accuracy and Resolution: Capable of fine details, quick printing, and high precision and accuracy, with a layer thickness that minimizes “stair-stepping” effect of curved surfaces.
- Functional Assemblies: Capable of constructing functional assemblies during the printing process, without the need for multiple builds
Objet Connex350 PolyJet Printer
The Objet Connex350 PolyJet Printer is one of the first ever 3D printers to allow for point-by-point controlled printing of multiple materials. In fact, Virginia Tech is one of only two research universities in the United States to have one of these state-of-the-art printers. Through the use of the unique PolyJet printing process, the Connex350 can print parts or assemblies made up of different materials or material gradients in a single build.
By curing the liquid photopolymer as the piece is printed, the Connex350 can create parts that require minimal post-processing with the potential for the parts to be put to use right from the printer.
Features of the Connex350
- X-Y Resolution: 600 x 600 dpi (42 micron in each direction)
- Layer Thickness: 16 micron (high quality) (1600 dpi), 30 micron (high speed; digital material mode)
- Accuracy: 0.1-0.3mm (0.004-0.01 inch) typical (accuracy varies according to geometry, part orientation and print size)
- Max Build Size: 13.4 x 13.4 x 7.9 inch
Want to Learn More?
Visit the Objet website to find out more!